Understanding the rise of gaming in the region and excitement for upcoming gaming consoles later in the year, Sony brings their X90H HDR Full Array LED TVs to the region.
“Research shows the GCC gaming market is expanding exponentially and is estimated to be worth US $821 million by 2021,” highlighted Shuichi Mugitani, Head of Marketing, Sony Middle East and Africa. “As we get ready to welcome the upcoming next generation gaming consoles, the X90H series is the perfect solution to meet all home entertainment needs – not only does it deliver a cutting-edge gaming experience but also a rich, immersive streaming and broadcast viewing experience, all in a single screen.”
Sony X90H – What’s new?
The X90H series supports 4K 120fps and incorporates Full-Array Local Dimming and Boosting technology, which dynamically changes the light levels in sections of the screen depending on the content, resulting in a dramatic increase in contrast and brightness.
The X90H series also uses X-Motion Clarity technology, which utilises Sony’s proprietary direct LED local dimming and backlight boosting algorithm to control the brightness and optimise its duration. Therefore, even fast-moving content – such as in sports and fast action scenes – looks sharp, bright and clear with virtually no loss in brightness.
In the sound department, the X90H series TVs come equipped with Acoustic Multi-Audio (in 65” models and above), which includes two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV and Sony’s X-Balanced Speakers at the bottom.
The X90H TVs continue to deliver a superior streaming experience with Netflix Calibrated Mode – specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as the director’s vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
The X90H line-up features Android TV with Google Play Store and Chromecast built-in, which offers users easy access to content, services and devices via its extensive platform.
Sony’s original user interface menus and voice controls are also enhanced for better daily use. Apple AirPlay 2 users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their television right from their iPhone, iPad or Mac. The Apple HomeKit technology provides an easy, secure way for users to control their television from their iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Sony X90H – Key features
- 4K HDR Processor X1 reproduces more depth, textures and natural colours with Object-based HDR remaster technology
- Features full-array local dimming backlight with X-tended Dynamic Range
- Offers Acoustic Multi-Audio with X-Balanced Speaker (65” model and above only; X-Balanced Speaker will be utilised in all inch sizes)
- TRILUMINOS Display reproduces the subtle nuances of colour, light and gradation from video lens to living room
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos compatible
- Diamond cut bezel for slim design
- Works with Smart Speakers
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple AirPlay 2, HomeKit
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Android TV
- 4K 120fps compatible (via a future software update) – ready for next generation consoles
- Netflix Calibrated Mode ensures cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Developed by Sony picture quality engineers in collaboration with Netflix colour scientists, Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios
- Custom Mode, along with Sony’s other calibrated viewing modes, provides various viewing options to suit customers’ tastes while faithfully preserving the creator’s intent
- Screen sizes: 85”, 75”, 65” and 55”
Sony X90H – Availability and Pricing
The XH90 4K HDR TVs are now on sale in the UAE: