Facebook has announced that more than 1 billion people use Facebook Messenger every month. People use Messenger in nearly every country of the world every day to connect with the people and businesses they care most about. They use it to make plans, share dreams, send payments, tell jokes, play games, let their loved ones know they’re thinking about them, and much more.
Fun stats about Messenger
- People send more than 17 billion photos to friends through Messenger every month.
- On average, more than 22 million GIFs are sent every day via Messenger. That’s 254 GIFs per second.
- There are more than 250 sticker packs available in Messenger with more than 4,000 stickers. More than 380 million stickers are sent every day.
- Messenger has been downloaded more than 1 billion times on Android.
- People on Messenger have played 1.2 billion games of basketball.
Messenger by the numbers
- Now 1 billion people use Messenger every month.
- Messenger is the second-most popular iOS app of all time, behind Facebook.
- More than one billion messages are sent between people and businesses each month. This number has more than doubled in the past year.
- Since the Messenger platform opened, more than 18,000 bots have launched on Messenger and over 23,000 developers have signed up for Wit.ai’s Bot Engine.
- 10 per cent of all VoIP calls globally are made through Messenger.