We’ve been teased with a lot of Nokia phones of late. Nokia 2 represents HMD’s major inroad to the budget market share in emerging markets. The news has now become official with detailed specs and images. The device itself may not be much to look at but its price and specs are definitely something worth noting. Retro Nokia fans may appreciate the simplicity of design. Let’s breakdown everything HMD officially announced.
Nokia 2 – Specifications
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA: 1, 2, 5, 8
- LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40
- CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Mobile Platform
- OS: Android Nougat
- RAM: 1GB DDR3
- Storage: 8GB e-MMC (up to 128GB with MicroSD card)
- Display: 0” HD 1280 x 720 LTPS LCD, In-Cell Touch, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Primary camera: 8MP auto focus with LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 5MP fixed focus
- Connectivity: 11 b/g/n, BT 4.1, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou, FM/(RDS)
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass
- Battery: 4100 mAh
- SIM slot: 2 Nano-SIM + 1 uSD slot (Dual SIM) / Nano-SIM + 1 uSD slot (Single SIM)
- Input/output: Micro USB (USB 2.0), 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
At launch the phone comes loaded with Android Nougat. Expect an Oreo update to come in very soon. Nokia 2 also features Google Assistant, something HMD claims is a first in the entry level segment. You’ll also be able to choose from three distinct colour options: copper, black and white.
The Nokia 2 will be available in the UAE from 24th November 2017 in Pewter/Black, Pewter/White and Copper/Black for a global average retail price of AED 349.