DJI has been a name associated with drones, filming and all-out fun for a while now. The brand is back and more consumer-focused than ever. Last month, the DJI Spark launched. Its smallest drone yet, the Spark is also DJI’s most accessible model in terms of price.
The Spark is a small handheld drone meant for the daily user. Its primary focus is self photography and it comes with a range of features to support this.
DJI Spark: Specifications
- Top speed: 50kph
- Flight time: 16 minutes (under perfect flying conditions)
- 2-axis gimbal
- 12MP camera with effective pixels
- Gesture controls
DJI Spark: Price and Packages
Currently in the UAE, you can buy the DJI Spark with two options: the drone as a lone unit for Dh2,099, or the Fly More package for Dh2,899.
DJI Spark: First Look
The guys over at Advanced Media held the launch of the Spark in Dubai Studio City, where we got to get our hands on the drone.
What we liked
- The device is small, lightweight and easy to carry around
- It takes off and lands on your hand
- The Jedi-like gesture controls are absolutely mind boggling
What we didn’t like
- The drone had issues recognising certain gestures during the presentation
- No 4K or even 1,080 60p video
- While the Fly More combo is great, the price of the lone unit is too steep
On the overall, the drone looks like a great start-up unit if you’re looking to begin drone-flying as well as using a drone for personal or professional photography.
Would you be interested in getting one? Do let us know in the comments below.