Bose today launched the SoundLink Revolve and Revolve+ speakers. The devices are said to be a rethought version of the company’s already successful SoundLink portable speakers.
SoundLink Revolve and Revolve+ specs
- Size – While the Revolve is the smaller sibling, standing at 6 inches tall and 3.25 inches deep, the Revolve+ is 7.25 inches tall and 4 inches deep.
- Body – Both devices have aluminium bodies with perforations for audio and silicon tops for the buttons. The Revolve+ also comes with a nifty handle since its a little more cumbersome to carry.
- Battery-life – The Revolve will give you 12 hours of continuous playback and the Revolve+ goes up to 16 hours.
- Connectivity – Both devices come with Bluetooth and NFC for connectivity. The devices can also be set-up to link with your smartphone to use Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri.
- Waterproofing – The devices are IPX4 rated, which basically means you don’t have to worry if someone splashes some water around or on these at a pool party.
- Colours – Both speakers are available in triple black and lux gray.
- Price – The Revolve and Revolve+ are priced at Dh799 and Dh1,199 respectively.
- Availability – Bose stores and authorised retailers will be selling the units.
Evolving the SoundLink series
Glenn Gomes-Casseres, Director of Products for Bose wireless speakers, says the company didn’t want to make incremental changes when it released the new line-up. The brand wanted an entirely new experience for the consumer.
Gomes-Casseres says Bose engineers sat down with blank sheets of paper to rethink the speakers in their entirety. An entirely new acoustic package was developed and fit into a cylindrical aluminium body.
We had the chance to listen to the devices at the Dubai launch event. They provided great sound without noticeable ‘sweet spots’ or loss of sound in any area.
While the performance of these speakers is yet to be tested, keep an eye out for an upcoming review.