While Blackberry has stopped manufacturing phones themselves, they aren’t out of the game altogether. Their latest iteration is the DTEK60.
- Body: Metal body with a dual-glass finish and a customisable button on the side.
- Display: 5.5″ Quad HD display panel.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB internal storage, exandable upto 2TB.
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- Back Camera: 21MP.
- Battery: on the device is a decent 3000mAh.
- Finger-print reader
- USB Type-C charging
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Balckberry’s extra security embedded.
Most of the work on Blackberry’s end is shown on the software side. The DTEK60’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow is said to be much more secure and will have an a ‘planned’ upgrade to Nougat. Adding to this is the secure bootloader, Hardware Root of Trust and some added productivity thanks to BlackBerrry’s own apps, such as the Hub and Calendar.
Availability and Pricing
DTEK60 is expected to be available in the in the coming weeks from most retail stores and will be available at a suggested retail price of Dh1999.
While the DTEK50 was a mid-range device and the Priv just had too many glaring issues, could the DTEK60 be a device to keep Blackberry’s name afloat?