Acer presented a whole new range line of products last year and this year they’re following those up but that’s not all. At their #thenextacer event in New York, the company also launched and all new gaming laptop and made some more in the wearables world too. Now there’s a whole lot to go over but lets jump right into it shall we?
Acer Predator Triton 700
The Triton 700 according to me was the absolute show-stopper. Everyone sat up and listened intently for this highly intriguing device. Jason Chen, Corporate President and CEO of Acer Inc, presented the device gaining everyone attention as soon as he showed it.
- The Predator Triton 700’s aluminum chassis houses a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display and best-in-class technologies for a thin yet powerful, compromise-free gaming notebook.
- Dual Acer AeroBlade™ 3D Fans provides advanced thermal performance allowing for its ultrathin form factor.
- The laptop includes 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 10-Series graphics, speedy NVMe PCIe SSDs and lightning-fast Intel® Thunderbolt 3.
- The Triton 700 also includes a mechanical keyboard, PredatorSense software and NVIDIA G-SYNC™ monitor support.
- The Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook will be available in EMEA in August starting at €3,399 (Dh13602.15).
Acer Predator Helios 300
Now not everyone can shell out 13K dirhams on a laptop, Acer has this segment covered too.
- Available with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays, the Predator Helios 300 line is powered by 7th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 standard-voltage processors, overclockable NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or 1050Ti graphics, fast wireless connectivity and solid state drives.
- Dual AeroBlade™ 3D fans keep gameplay nice and cool, while PredatorSense software makes GPU overclocking1 and system control easy
- Housed in a classic but tasteful gaming chassis with an iron red backlit keyboard, selected models include a metal top cover and keyboard area for added strength and rigidity.
- The Predator Helios 300 gaming notebooks with 15.6-inch and 17.4-inch displays will be available in EMEA in August starting at €1,199 (Dh4798.17).
Acer Leap Ware
Walking into slightly familiar but unsuccessful territory, Acer Liquid Leap wrist-band. Now its a watch.
- The Acer Leap Ware is a smartwatch with a circular design that encloses enough features to maintain your daily activity and sleep.
- It has built-in sensors that provide feedback on heart rate, stamina, stress/fatigue, and exposure to ultraviolet rays.
- The Liquid Life™ app (for both Android and iOS) can be used to track your activity and motivate you to do more.
- Unfortunately, the Leap Ware most probably will not be making its way to the UAE.
Acer Holo 360
Now this was another really cool product Acer launched. In most scenarios which involve a 360-degree camera, your smartphone is involved. Acer wants to change that. The Holo 360 is their all-facing, all-capturing camera which is android based and doesn’t need a smartphone to capture, edit or upload your media. Oh yeah… you can make a call on the device too.
Unfortunately there’s no update on pricing detailed specs of the product yet.
Acer’s Swift, Spin, Switch and more
The company also updated it current Swift, Spin and Switch series. While the Spin and Swift series stay up-to-date for the 2017-2018 period, the Switch (which was a loner last year) now gets its own series to enter the budget 2-in-1 segment.
Acer’s 21X, which is the company’s ginormous gaming laptop, was on display too. The ‘laptop’ was launched at CES 2017 and recently made an entry into the UAE and is available at Virgin Megastores for Dh36,999.
Acer also announced two new gaming monitors. The Predator X27 supports NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ HDR at 4K resolution while the Predator Z271UV sports an immersive 1800R curved panel. Both displays feature Quantum Dot technology which provides a wider, brighter and more accurate colour range. They also come with Tobii eye-tracking.
We’ll be taking a detailed look at all these devices as they come in for review. Do let us know what you think of Acer’s latest line-up.