A few days after launching Instagram Music in the region, the social media platform is now launching it’s Reels, short-form video sharing feature, in the region. The feature will be available in the region starting today at 7PM.
Announced at House of Instagram, the latest feature will be a new way for the platform’s community of creators, users and businesses in MENA to create and discover short, entertaining videos.
If you’re a TikTok user, Reels won’t seem alien to you. The concept is pretty much the same. Short 30 second videos with music and soundtracks. You can also add effects and other creative tools.
How to make a Reel?
Creators can film videos directly on Reels or upload a saved video from the camera roll and use the creative tools to freely edit. Some of Reels’ various fun editing tools include:
- Audio: Search for a song from the Instagram music library. Users can also use original audio by simply recording a video with it. When the video is shared with original audio, the audio will be attributed to the user. Original music featured on public accounts can also be used by others if they select the “Use Audio” option.
- AR Effects: Select one of the many effects in our effect gallery, created both by Instagram and creators all over the world, to record multiple clips with different effects.
- Timer and Countdown: Set the timer to record clips hands-free. On pressing record, there will be a 3-2-1 countdown, before recording begins for the amount of time selected.
- Align: Line up objects from previous clips before recording the next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into the reel.
- Speed: Choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio selected. This can help stay on a beat or make slow motion videos.
- Touch-Up: Adds an overall smoothing effect to the content and the ability to control the intensity level.
Add a cover image, caption and hashtags and the Reels is set to be published!
In addition to sharing to the Reels tab, users also can share videos directly to the feed. A new Reels tab will be then added to the user’s profile, where all their Reels will live. Reels can also be shared with friends via Stories and DM. If the account is public, non-followers can also watch the reel.
How to find Reels?
The Reels tab is a separate, dedicated space for people to discover short, fun videos from creators or people just like them from around the world. It’s a stage to share creative work with the world, have a chance to break out and find a new audience.