Acer hosted its annual Middle East press conference at Dubai’s Westin Mina Siyahi this morning. The event saw the regional unveiling and showcasing of the brand’s latest range of products, and featured a number of key speakers, including Daniel Trachino, General Manager of Acer Middle East and Africa, John Miedema, Director of Product Management for Acer Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Joumana Karam, Product Business Unit Head for Acer Middle East and Africa.
Acer Swift Series
Acer announced the launch of the Swift series, comprising four lines: the Swift 7, Swift 5, Swift 3 and Swift 1.
- The super-thin Swift 7 measures 0.39 inches (9.98mm) in height and weighs 1.1kg and provides up to 9 hours of battery life.
- Models in the Swift 5 and Swift 3 lines include features such as metal chassis, 7th Generation Intel Core processors, Solid State Drives, USB 3.1 Type-C ports, fingerprint scanners and more.
The Acer Swift Series will be introduced in the Middle East and Africa between October and November this year. Pricing* will be as follows:
- Swift 7 – starting at Dh5,315
- Swift 5 – starting at Dh3,065
- Swift 3 – starting at Dh2,042
- Swift 1 – starting at Dh1,427
Acer Spin Series
Acer today expanded its convertible notebook offerings with the Spin 7, Spin 5, Spin 3 and Spin 1.
- Featuring a 14-inch display in a 13-inch chassis, the Acer Spin 7’s all-aluminium uni-body is 0.43 inches (10.98mm) thin and weighs 1.2kg.
- The Acer Spin 5 includes a 13.3-inch display and can be used with an optional Acer Active Pen and Windows Ink.
- The Acer Spin 3 includes a 15.6-inch display, an ergonomic backlit keyboard and dual-storage support, making it a powerful tool for work or play.
- Spin 1 comes in 13.3-inch and 11.6-inch display options and is ideal for students or as a second computer.
The Acer Spin Series will be introduced in the Middle East and Africa between September and November this year. Pricing* will be as follows:
- Spin 7 – starting at Dh5,315
- Spin 5 – starting at Dh2,450
- Spin 3 – starting at Dh2,450
- Spin 1 – starting at Dh1,223
Acer Predator 21 X and gaming monitors
- Acer’s new Predator 21 X is the world’s first notebook with a curved screen and integrates eye-tracking technology for an even more immersive user experience.
- The Predator 21 X features the latest 7th Generation Intel Core processors, five cooling fans and dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI.
- Acer also announced new gaming desktop monitors, the world’s first to include eye-tracking technology so users can upgrade their gaming experience.
- Acer’s Predator 15 and 17 notebook series received updates with the latest GPUs featuring the NVIDIA Pascal architecture, with GeForce GTX 1070 graphics and running on Windows 10, making them ready for virtual reality.
Acer Chromebook R 13
- New Acer Chromebook R 13 comes with a large 13.3-inch touchscreen display.
- Innovative 360-degree hinge design gives customers four versatile usage modes for work and play.
- Planned support for Android Apps via Google Play Store
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- It also includes USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0, microphone and headphone jacks.
- The Acer Chromebook R 13 will be available with 64GB, 32GB or 16GB eMMC storage and 4GB of dual channel LPDDR3 SDRAM4.
The Acer Chromebook R 13 will be available in the region in October this year and pricing* will start from Dh1632.
Acer Iconia Talk S, Z6 and Z6 Plus
- Acer Iconia Talk S (A1-734): Quad-core processor; Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system; wide-viewing-angle 1280×720 HD display; 13MP camera; Iconia Suite with easy and intuitive access to smart functions; up to 128GB microSD
- Liquid Z6: Quad-core MT6737 processor; 2.5D curved IPS1 display; 8MP main camera with autofocus; 2MP front-facing camera; 1GB RAM; 8GB ROM
- Liquid Z6 Plus: Octa-core MT6753 processor; durable 2.5D glass 5.5-inch Full HD display; 4,080mAh battery; 13MP main camera; 5MP front-facing camera; 3GB RAM; 32GB ROM; fingerprint sensor, metal back cover.
Acer Revo Base
- Stylish, space-saving mini PC that’s perfect as a home entertainment and content hub
- Features up to Intel Core i7 processors and up to 8GB of DDR3L system memory, to ensure it runs smoothly when handling intensive tasks such as decoding top-quality multimedia content
- Supports up to two monitors, has speedy wireless connectivity, and is a perfect multimedia hub
- Storage is up to 2TB HDDs or optional 256GB SSDs, while an SD card slot lets the user add up to 256GB of external storage. For even more storage space, the unit can be easily upgraded with larger HDDs and additional RAM.
The Acer Revo Base will be available in the Middle East in the first quarter of 2017 with prices* starting at Dh1,755.
*prices are subject to change closer to release.