With the end of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 came an opportunity for a lot of brands to fill a void created by the device. The Note 7’s most important feature is obviously the S Pen, but its second most important feature was its size. The Note 7 was the ideal phone for those customers who didn’t mind compromising pocket ‘fit-ability’ for a larger screen.
Leaks from renowned ‘leakster’ Evan Bass suggest Huawei’s upcoming Mate 9 is going to be a big phone strutting some beastly specs and its going to have two versions.
- The Mate 9 is going to be the flat screen Full HD version while the Mate 9 Pro will be the curved screen QHD version.
- The camera in the render looks like its including the same dual-lens Leica Summarit H 1:2.2/27 ASPH 20 MP camera setup found on the Huawei P9. That means one lens for capturing grayscale and the other for RGB.
- Leaked images suggest that the Mate 9 will have a headphone jack (shown on top in the images) but the Mate 9 Pro will use USB Type-C headphones.
- The devices will be powered by the 64-bit Octa-core Kirin 960 chipset.
- RAM and Storage will come in different variants where a 4GB RAM will come with 64GB/128GB storage and an intense 6GB/256GB variant will also be there.
- There seems to be no information on battery-life yet though.
- Both devices will run Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei’s EMUI overlay.
While these specifications do look absolutely satisfactory considering we’re coming to the end of 2016, Huawei’s main drawback is the highly-criticised-heavily-bloated EMUI. Will they keep up with all this hardware on the software end?
We’ll find out on November 3rd, which is when they are said to be launching the phone in Munich, Germany.
What do you guys think of the device? Do let us know.