Twitter was completely revamped last year but apparently that wasn’t enough for its users. Twitter claims to have taken into account their users’ feedback and are refreshing the product again.
Twitter Update: Roll out
The update which began rolling out yesterday will visible across twitter.com, Twitter for iOS, Twitter for Android, Twitter’s dashboard application. TweetDeck and Twitter’s new mobile web application, Twitter Lite, will see the update over the next coming weeks.
So whats new?
The changes are as follows:
- Profile, additional accounts, settings, and privacy – all in one place! A new side navigation menu and fewer tabs at the bottom of the app which brings about less clutter and easier browsing. Android got this update last year, iOS can now finally enjoy the same.
- On iOS, links to articles and websites now open in Safari’s viewer in the Twitter app so you can easily access accounts on websites you’re already signed into. Also, you’ll see additional accessibility choices such as increased color contrast and the option to always open supported links in Safari Reader view.*
- The social media giant has refined its typography to make it more consistent, and added bolder headlines to make it easier to focus on what’s happening. Also, rounded profile photos will make it clearer to see what’s being said and who’s saying it.
- Icons instead of the actual actions – For example, people thought the reply icon, an arrow, meant delete or go back to a previous page. That has been switched to a speech bubble.
- Tweets now update instantly with reply, Retweet, and like counts so you can see conversations as they’re happening – live.
What do you think of the updates? Do let us know below.