BenQ has been known for its Digital Light Processing (DLP) projectors for a while now. The company looks to continue this trend by becoming a part of the UAE’s progressive journey in technology advancement in the next five years to come.
The BenQ W11000 Home Cinema Projector begins that journey with the company having managed to integrate available technology to produce the only THX certified 4K resolution home projector. The 3840 x 2160 resolution encompasses a total of 8.3 million pixels not only ensuring image integrity and color accuracy but also reproducing the technology in use at IMAX auditoriums.
The projector features a streamlined design with front facing ventilation allowing it to blend into upscale home cinema aesthetics. The port architecture to the side remains unobstructed and accommodates for high quality cables and locks the HDMI and power cable to hold them securely in place.
As far as optics are concerned, the highly optimized 4K system takes advantage of 14 high-resolution elements, a true zoom system and low dispersion coatings on the lens for an authentic experience. To add, the 1.5x zoom system and H/V lens shift enables the projector to be suitable for custom installations.
- A very high native contrast ratio employing Active Iris and Dynamic Black Technology combined with SmartEco and BenQ’s proprietary black paint sealed light engine to provide a large 50000:1 dynamic contrast ratio allowing detail preservation in bright and dark scenes.
- CinemaMaster image processing for vivid color reproduction and flesh tone correction.
- ISFccc calibration support enabling custom and in home professional calibration.
- Native support for the 2.35:1 anamorphic aspect ratio offering an ultra-wide cinemascope experience similar to the one at digital cinemas.
- Ultra HD performance supports a wider viewing angle for media consumption up close for a very immersive experience.
Pricing and Availability
The BenQ W11000 Home Cinema Projector is said to be available soon in the region. Pricing is yet to be confirmed but can be expected starting from Dh20,000.