DJI has created a top spot for itself in the world of drones and aerial imaging technology. At CES 2019, the company expanded its range of products by releasing a new remote controller for its Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom drones. Say hello to the new DJI Smart Controller.
DJI Smart Controller – Features
- The Smart Controller features an ultra-bright 5.5-inch display built into the controller itself, eliminating the need for a smartphone or tablet.
- The controller users DJI’s OcuSync 2.0 video transmission system, which will enable viewing in Full HD on the display.
- The display has been optimised for use in direct sunlight. It features a display output of 1000 cd/m2, which is basically twice the output of standard smartphones.
- The controller has a customisable Android dashboard that supports DJI GO 4, DJI Pilot2, along with various third-party apps such as editing programs.
- TheDJI GO 4 app also comes with several new features including SkyTalk, which allows pilots to livestream the drone’s camera feed to social channels including Facebook, Instagram and WeChat.
- DJI GO-Share enables easy transfers of imagery from the controller to your mobile device.
- The Smart Controller will be able to operate in temperatures as low as -20°C and as high as 40°C.
- The controller supports microSD UHS-I speed grade 3 up to 128GB, has an HDMI port with 4K video output support, a USB type-c and a USB type-a port.
- Last but not least, the controller will come with a 2.5-hour battery life, which comes from its 5,000mAh battery.
DJI Smart Controller: Price and availability
Priced at $4,999 HKD (Dh2,343), the Smart Controller isn’t a cheap add-on to your drone gear. There will also be combo packs available with the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom for the Smart Controller.
What do you think? Is the DJI Smart Controller worth it?